Volunteering is a great way to develop your skills, meet new people and be part of an enthusiastic team. Here at the Leeds Refugee Forum, we are always looking for helpful and reliable volunteers.
This is a good opportunity to gain work experience and to learn about the refugee community organisations in Leeds. Below are a few volunteering positions that are open.
To apply for these positions, please fill in and submit this application form.
CURRENT VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteer Administrative Assistant
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers with organisational and administrative skills. You will be responsible for providing general office support, including:
- Word processing.
- Creating and maintaining filing systems.
- Assisting with database management, membership records, correspondence, photocopies, training/information packets and mailings as well as contributing to the Newsletter and assisting with information updates.
IT Support and Website Developer.
- We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers with IT support skills for:
- Design, develop, and implement the look and feel of web pages that meet established design standards.
- Developing computer databases and setting them up.
- Collecting data, organizing it and managing it.
Any experience designing applications for social networks?
Homework Club volunteer
The Homework Club supports young refugees and asylum seekers with educational tasks. It runs from 4.30 pm – 6.30 pm every Tuesday and once a month until 7.00 pm (Homework club meetings). We are looking for volunteers who are able to help with the following tasks:
- Work with a small group of pupils to co-run educational activities within the context of a weekly homework club.
- Assisting young people in educational tasks including helping with homework, other school projects and support with core subjects such as English, Maths and Science.