The Forum is established to provide for the social, educational, economic, cultural and development needs of the Leeds refugee community.The Forum will provide a structure
for refugee communities to produce a collective, strong and confident voice to be heard by a wide range of agencies and organisations in the region.
The forum will also provide a platform that empowers its members and reduces the
isolation that RCOs experience as a single unit.
The Forum aims to do this through: Picture
• Building capacity of RCOs and community members.
• Providing advice and information.
• Providing Office space.
• Acting as an advocacy group for refugees.
• Acting as a voice for refugees.
• Assisting the integration of refugees into local communities.
Powers In furtherance of these objects but not otherwise the Forum may:
* Work with other organisations.
* Represent the views and wishes of the membership.
* Represent members.
* Provide advice.
* Support, administer or set up other refugee community organisations.
* Raise funds by any lawful method.
* Appoint trustees to hold property.
* Acquire or rent property of any kind.
* Employ staff.
* Publish and distribute written and electronic material.
* Provide for the holding of training courses, meetings, debates and exhibitions.
* Promote or carry out research.
* Do any other such lawful thing as shall further the objects.